Hello everyone, It’s finally Friday! I feel like this week went on forever. I just completed my first week of classes and I’m excited for the first weekend back on campus. Over the last two years of being away at school, I have discovered how easy it is to get in bad health habits. Not only is the freshman 15 a real thing, but being healthy involves much more than your diet. Here are my nine tips and tricks to stay healthy while living on campus this year!
- Set Eating Hours: Give your self a interval where you allow yourself to eat. For me, I eat between 11 am and 7 pm on weekdays and 11 am and 9 pm on weekends. This helps avoid the urge to order pizza a 2am. Your body will get used to this schedule and adapt. Eventually, you will find that you won’t be as hungry late at night.
- Walk As Much As Possible: Park farther away, walk rather than drive, and take the stairs. All the times of walking a little extra will add up and your body will thank you! As a lover of being lazy and taking shortcuts, this is the tip I’ve been working on the most.
- Drink Water: Water is an amazing element of any diet. Keep a refillable water bottle with you at all times and you will find yourself reaching for it more often. The more water you drink the less you will crave coffee and soda. You will also notice your wallet a little fuller!
- Pizza and Fries Are Not Your Friends: I know, it’s heartbreaking. They are soo good, but so bad. By no means eliminate these foods from your diet. That would just be ridiculous. Just remember, moderation is key!
- Get Active: Being active does not always mean that you have to spend hours in the gym. You can join a sports team or club, walk around campus, or take a zumba class. Anything that gets you to move around will work!
- Sleep: Get sleep. There isn’t much to say other than just do it.
- Limit Your Alcohol: If you didn’t know most alcohol is filled with empty calories. Now you know. You’re Welcome.
- Don’t Keep Junk Food in Your Room: If it’s not around, you won’t eat it. A five or ten minute walk will determine if you really want something sweet at 9 pm.
- Stress Less: Keeping stress levels down will do wonders for your overall health.
I hope you enjoyed this post! What do you do to stay healthy on campus? Let me know in the comments!